Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Life in Bullet Points

  • I spent Saturday and Sunday at my grandmother's (Dad's mom). Although Grandma is quite tech-savvy and does have high-speed internet access, to have updated the blog would violate Rule #792, which states, "Thou shalt not update thine blog when thou shouldst be socializing with thine relatives."
  • I flagrantly violated Rule #18, which states, "Thou shalt not read books nor any form of written material when thou shouldst be socializing with thine relatives."
  • Can I help it if they give me books? How am I supposed to not read with 4 shiny new books staring me in the face? That's like pouring a glass of champagne, setting it in front of an alcoholic, and telling him, "You can't drink that until Monday."
  • I got to see my cousin, who is fifteen (fifteen!) and has a boyfriend (a boyfriend!). I am flabbergasted. Why, I was learning to write the alphabet before she was even mobile. (I learned to write my alphabet pretty young--but that's another story.)
  • I did not get to see my cousin who is seventeen, which is too bad because I wanted to lord it over him that I'm a legal adult and he's not. (Yes, I'm sweet. Holiday cheer, people.) You see, this particular cousin is 60 days my junior. I was born in November and he was born in January, so when we see each other on Christmas I'm legally a year older than he is and I've rubbed that in every chance I got ever since he went and got taller than I against strict orders not to do so.
  • I read Stranger in a Strange Land over the weekend. (In the car, not while visiting.) To borrow Heinlein's phrase, I do not grok it. When I have grokked in fullness I shall write a review and we can have a lovely time discussing it.
  • We are going to Michigan to visit my mother's kindred over this next weekend. If you accidentally wandered into my uncle's house you might mistake it for a Radio Shack, so I have no doubt there will be internet. Nonetheless, I will probably have to obey Rule #792.
  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Christian said...

Michigan? Really? Did you know that Michigan is the best state? Well, now you know. Almost creepy knowing that you'll be in my neck of the woods . . .

The Sojourner said...

Michigan the best state? Teehee. You and I should talk football sometime.

Christian said...

Hate football. Love hockey. Nuff said ;-)