Saturday, January 26, 2008

Missing Feasts

I really should get more liturgically with it. First, way back on the fourteenth I entirely forgot to post about dear old Bishop Sava, who is a very obscure Serbian saint that nobody in America has ever heard of. Since he's my baptism saint, I have been making some intermittent effort at spreading devotion to him. Alas, the very first year I have a blog I am busy scurrying about doing stuff and completely forget to mention him.

St. Francis de Sales is way better well-known than dear old Bishop Sava, although not as well known perhaps as the Francis whose spiritual children founded this university. Nonetheless, it took me two days to notice that it was his feast day--yes, I saw his name in the Magnificat but I didn't remember until today that he is the patron saint of writers and journalists, and therefore I must spread his devotion with a deathless passion.

So, there you have it, people. Two January saints whom I entirely forgot to mention.

2 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Today was St. Thomas Aquinas' feast day! He's my Confirmation Saint, so it's a big deal to me. I wore black and white all day for him, which really does wonders for humility when you're constantly aware of how less diligent you are than he was.

The Sojourner said...

Happy feast!

I did make note of this feast, mostly because Padre asked "the chubby Dominican" to pray for us. :)

Didn't know he was your saint, though.