Sunday, February 17, 2008

Servants of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus

I've mentioned once or twice before how lately I've been hanging out with the Servants of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus household, right?

It's kind of funny, the story of how I found them. You see, I spent last semester casually popping in on various and sundry households. There was one I liked particularly, but the more I tried to get into it the more my interest faded. I won't mention that household by name because it's a lovely household, it just ended up being not for me.

So at the end of last semester I went to a FOP and had a nice long chat with God about this whole household thing. Did He want me to join a household? Did He want me to just wait a while? Did He want me to start one?

This last idea never would have popped into my head but for the fact that one of my Scanlan Scholar friends and 3 other freshman had recently started a household of their own. So I followed this train of thought a little further and made a little mental list of the things I'd include if I started my own household.

At the beginning of this semester, I got a list describing all the girl's households on campus. The name "Servants of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus" jumped out at me. I love the Eucharist. In my hypothetical household, the Eucharist would have been one of the big things.

To add icing to the cake, the Servants' common room is just around the corner from my room. I don't even have to put shoes on if I don't want to--I can just pad down there in my stocking feet and hang out with them. So I've been doing that off and on for the last month.

And now? Well, now I think I'm in love. It's a bit early to tell but I think this might develop into a long-term relationship. As one of the members of Tantum Ergo Sacramentum said at dinner yesterday, "The Servants are the most awesomest girl's household on campus."

Of course, Scott duly warned the members of Tantum Ergo that their sister household's new groupie is a grammarian and will not tolerate such abominations as "most awesomest".

(P. S.: I started checking out the Servants before I learned about Scott's interest in Tantum Ergo, and certainly before I found out that Tantum Ergo is the Servant's brother household. In this case correlation does not equal causation, but merely equals a very interesting coincidence.)

No comments: