Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things I don't want to forget

-3:30 PM Sunday, I am sitting at my computer and the Roommate is lying on her bed staring at the ceiling.

Roommate: Are you going to the Superbowl party tonight?

Me: No.

Roommate: Me neither. What are you going to do?

Me: I dunno. Homework.

Roommate: We should do something.

Me: Like what?

Roommate: Do you like movies?

Me: [clickety-clack] The Cinema Six is showing Juno tonight.

So we went. It was so utterly Not On The Schedule and so utterly enjoyable. I think I'm going to try this spontaneous thing more often.

-The Roommate was having a down day yesterday so in my break between classes I let a couple of her friends in and while I was at Honors they decorated Roommate's side of the room with--let me count--7 helium balloons, 11 pieces of paper, and 8 index cards on which they wrote such sentiments as "Texas is missing their most beautiful citizen...She's in Ohio!" Although the grammarian in me wonders how to parse that (Shouldn't it be "Texas is missing its..."?) the rest of me gets all gushy whenever I think about it. The Roommate almost cried.

-The fact that the Cobbler never starts his IMs with "Hi" like a normal person. Instead he just pops up with things like "Your bunny looks zombified" and then I have to respond. He is a great homework distraction, that Cobbler.

-How happy, excited, friendly, and welcoming the Servants were when I went to their household Rosary last night.

-The contiued hilarity of the AMDG intents. Today they had brown paper "ponchos", sombreros, and maracas to accompany their rendition of "Father Abraham".

-The fact that the Roommate has gotten up and gone to Mass with me the last 2 days--gotten up at six o'clock. That's roommate love right there.

3 comments:

Dale Cooper said...

And what did we think of JUNO?

Christian said...

"your bunny looks zombified" I cracked up when I read that.

Gosh, I cannot wait to transfer to Steubenville - it all sounds like so much fun! I've already visited more times than I can even remember offhand, but I'd guess about . . . five times? It'll be nice to be there for more than a few days.

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe you should have some regularly-scheduled spontaneous time... :)

D.