Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He's a clever one

While discussing the concept of "cultural literacy":

Me: I think that once you get married that's pretty much the end of any coolness you might once have had. [Note: Not that married people aren't awesome, they just have other concerns rather than TV shows and music and other such things.]

Scott: Yes, but then you get to spend the rest of your life with someone who knows everything.

Not even 19 years old, and already he's figured out that women know everything. :)

3 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Um, I actually thought it was just mothers... See, if it was women in general, then all those times they misinterpret what guys say would have to be on purpose, which would mean most of them are intentionally cruel... and as I tend to assume the best of people, I figure they're not, so they must not be fully omnicient till they marry and become mothers. (Which does, however, mean that once a man marries a woman she soon becomes all-knowing, hence my comment.) Sorry to disappoint you after all, but that's the way it looks to me. 8^)

The Sojourner said...

Hmm. I must ponder this. Perhaps I would have to know how they misinterpret what guys say in order to decide whether they were immature or cruel or what.

You're still pretty clever.

The Sojourner said...

P.S. I don't think I know everything. So maybe it is just mothers.