Thursday, March 20, 2008

Looking Ahead

So, dear readers, I am already more than halfway through my second semester of college. I am made more aware of the passing of time because registration for Fall 2008 started Monday. I, as a lowly freshman, cannot register until April 9, but last night I was looking through the course list online and deciding which ones I needed to take next semester and how I'd fit those together. The thing about upper-level Communications courses is that they usually only have one session when they're offered--and some of them are only offered every other year. So I don't really have a lot of control over when I'm taking class.

I still ended up with a pretty nice tentative schedule, though. I'm basically going to be taking class 4 afternoons a week: Honors on Monday/Wednesday, then 2 Com classes and a theology class on Tuesday/Thursday, then another Com class Thursday evening. I don't much like that night class, but it's the only time that course is offered so I'm just going to have to offer it up. I can sleep in Friday if I need to.

In 2 months I will officially be a sophomore in college. It's strange to look back on the days when I was a confused little baby freshman and then realize that now here I am, 7 months older but feeling like I've lived a couple of lifetimes. I can't help but wonder how things are going to be 3 years from now when I'm in my last semester, getting ready to head out into the big wide world. I'll be 21 then. Most of my friends will be 22. We won't be teenagers anymore, we'll be pretty close to not being college students anymore. Just 3 years and 2 months from now, a whole bunch of twenty-somethings are going to go out into the world.

That is going to be interesting.

2 comments:

Andi said...

I know how you feel. Yesterday, I had my last final which wrapped up my second quarter. After break, I only have ten more weeks before I'm a junior.

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

I try not to think about these things.