Friday, March 28, 2008

"God, outdo me in generosity."

I had a wonderful week, dear readers. First there was Easter, and eating enough chocolate to make me shaky, and then there was Easter Monday and eating more chocolate, and then there was coming back to school on Tuesday, which might have been depressing if not for having all my wonderful friends who made me happy to be back--special mention goes to the Cobbler who acted as my own personal one-man welcoming committee.

In spite of the busyness of my 5-class Wednesday I got through it just fine and Wednesday night of course the Cobbler intented. I spent all day Thursday being happy about that.

Then I woke up this morning. Today was not a particularly good day. I was fidgety and distracted during Mass, I seriously almost fell asleep during Anthropology, I skipped lunch to go to an info meeting for a summer program that I would love to attend if I had $2000 just lying around waiting to be spent...etc, etc. About the only good thing was that I got an A-minus on my Theology test, but even that depressed me because honestly, dear readers, I did not deserve that A. If effort was what counted, I should have gotten a C tops because I barely studied and ended up guessing on a lot of the questions.

So that's been my week, and I bet you're wondering about the title of this post. A while back I mentioned the book Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To. At the moment I'm on prayer number three: "God, outdo me in generosity." It was pretty easy the first four days to see how He was outdoing me--I was being positively drowned in love. Then comes today and I have my horrible morning and my tasteless and very late lunch ("skipped" is perhaps not the right word--"delayed long enough to make me cranky", perhaps), I was not feeling the love. A two-hour nap helped a little, but even then I just wasn't feeling the energy of earlier in the week. To make matters worse, the Cobbler's IM stopped working. I know, not a huge tragedy in the grand scheme of things, but the Cobbler happens to have a near-miraculous ability to make me laugh (no matter what mood I may have been in), and I was kind of counting on that this afternoon.

So as I'm sitting at my computer feeling very lonely and sorry for myself, my roommate finds this outside our door:





















I thought, "God, outdo me in generosity."

Then I cried.

1 comment:

Andi said...

I'll be praying for you and all those in Steubie. Pray for me. School starts Monday.