Thursday, April 3, 2008

Like Seedlings Upside Down

I can't remember how I found this post, but it's been quietly sitting in my favorites folder, waiting to be posted about, for quite a while now.

It's all good, but this paragraph struck me very strongly:

Here on earth, we can choose not to love, and suffer terribly . . . or we
can choose to love and be loved, and to suffer terribly all the same. We are
like seedlings somehow growing upside down, trying to hang on with spindly roots
to the firm ground which is above us.

Like seedlings somehow growing upside down...I recall that image as I strive to hold on to the God who is above me. It does feel, at times, like the only connection I have to Him are my spindly little roots, and all the while I am being pulled down, pulled away from Him.

No comments: