Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Photo Post

Because I need a break from writing the Monster Research Paper and don't have the brain cells to post about I would write about if I could round up the little flock of ideas I have on the topic. As is, they will graze happily a little longer and you will get pictures, oh happy few who are my dear readers.

Below are pictures I took of my bookshelf back at the beginning of the semester when I had time to organize my books. No, I will not post pictures of what my shelf looks like now.





















In Picture 1, from left to right:
The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien
Webster's II New Riverside Pocket Dictionary
Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality, Raymond Arroyo
The Catholic Girl's Guide, Father F. X. Lassance (published 1905)
Lives of the Saints Illustrated
2001: A Space Odyssey
, Arthur C. Clarke
My Spanish textbook





















In Picture 2:
Introduction to Physical Anthropology
How to Read a Book
, Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren
The Napoleon of Notting Hill, G. K. Chesterton
The Greeks, H. D. F. Kitto
The Republic and The Laws, Cicero
The Annals of Imperial Rome, Tacitus
The Civil Wars, Appian
Selections of Aristotle
The Temperament God Gave You, Art and Laraine Bennet
The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky




















In Picture 3:
A much better shot of The Temperament God Gave You
Another view of The Brothers Karamazov
The Basic Works of Aristotle
The Rise of the Roman Empire, Polybius
The Enneads, Plontius
The Nature of the Gods, Cicero
The Aeneid, Virgil




















In Picture 4:
Proof that I have two perfectly identical copies of The Aeneid (don't ask)
The Catechism of the Catholic Church
The University of Chicago Spanish Dictionary
Great Dialogues of Plato
Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To, Anthony DeStefano

2 comments:

Andi said...

Fr. Lasance is amazing, is he not? I have the same exact book.

Christian Ohnimus said...

those are some good books