Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things I Miss

In no particular order:

-Being able to pick my pew at daily Mass.

-My retiree friends.

-The St. Jude chapel.

-Saying hello to my dad's boss at Friday morning Mass.

-The babies who are going to be toddlers by the time I get back.

-The courthouse.

-The little ice cream place.

-The park.

-Drinking tap water.

-Leaving my room without taking a key.

-Washing dishes (yes, Mother, you may pass out in shock).

-Leaving my laundry in the dryer overnight.

-My cat.

-Running into people I know at the grocery store.

-The farmer's market.

-Having whole days in which to do absolutely nothing.

-Having "girls' night in" with my sister.

-My dad randomly bursting into song.

-Yelling across the house.

-The comfy brown chair in the living room.

-My mother's cooking.

-My cooking (and I'm not that good a cook).

-Going to the library for fun rather than research.

-Walking around the neighborhood.

-Thor the friendly bull mastiff.

-My friends at the senior apartments.

-Reading the paper.

-Being home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is 3 weeks and I'll be happy to make sure you get lots of dishes to make you feel welcome at home. Yes that comment did make me about faint.

LOVE MOM