Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another of those random lists

~Today is my half-birthday.

~I'm probably not going to play the "almost nineteen" card just yet because that would take the fun out of teasing a certain person--who is much closer to nineteen--about being old.

~Disadvantage of wearing a long, flowing skirt to the library: when you sit down so as to peruse the books on the lower shelves at your leisure and then stand up, you will end up standing on your skirt and thereby get stuck awkwardly halfway up. Then you will have to perform feats of balance in order to get your foot off your skirt without falling over. Yes, I'm very graceful.

~I wrote an email yesterday that was close to 4,000 words long. If only I could do that with my poor little novel (currently 55,856 words).

~One of my good friends is probably becoming a priest right about now. If you think about it, say a prayer for Father Ryan. (And for his classmates.)

~My family and I are going to go see Prince Caspian tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

~I'm going to paint my room sometime this summer.

~From my sister: "Scott has a very deep, manly voice on the phone." File under: I so need better soundproofing for my phone calls.

~Scott's brother Frank is hilarious. During the aforementioned phone call he was listening to Scott's end and keeping up a running commentary (at least from what I heard). Then Scott put me on speakerphone and I got to hear Frank do one of his Gollum/Smeagol parodies.

~Did you know copper has a smell? I noticed that because I am trying to get rid of the ridiculous quantities of change that have accumulated in my wallet and I counted out a whole 75 pennies. Afterwards my hands smelled like copper.

No comments: