Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Warrior Princess is Tired

Life has been hitting me hard these past few days. No great tragedies--just a bunch of things not quite working out the way I hope. Every now and then I'll wonder why. I mean, big tragedies I can understand. Job had big tragedies. There aren't any books of the Bible, though, about people who have one of those days where they fall out of bed and things go downhill from there (Well, I didn't fall out of bed--something to be thankful for, I suppose, especially since I was on the top bunk last night). I mean, why would the Devil care whether you burn your breakfast or whether your favorite shirt gets a stain or anything like that? Why would he bother to keep on hitting you with a thousand little things that go wrong?

I won't go on, because I'd rather not gripe on the blog, but I just wanted to mention that my inner warrior princess is just plain exhausted--these past two months or so it seems like she's had to be on the alert constantly. There have been a few major battles and then a hundred tiny skirmishes, such that she hardly gets a moment's rest. And she is very, very tired of fighting.

1 comment:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

I think you don't need to fight -- just stay with me so I won't give it up.

Love,
Scott