Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hi

How have you been, dear readers? I've still got some things I want to do before I go back to blogging regularly but I just thought I'd draw everyone's attention to one of the things on my sidebar. I have this little page element that provides a month-by-month word count for the novel that I'm writing.

13 hours ago, the novel had 61,480 words. By the time June turned into July, it had 66,100 words and I was finished with Chapter 25. (Actually, I call it Chapter II-12 because the book has two parts [so far], but that's not important.)

I wrote roughly 8 pages between about 7:20 and 10:10 last night, with various interruptions so that I probably was actually typing for only 2 1/2 hours.

4,620 words in a few hours isn't bad at all. I'm rather proud of myself.

No comments: