Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Maker of All Things

I feel like wasting a little time and this will be easier now that I actually have iTunes and can do Party Shuffle--when I did this for Facebook I spent 3/4 of the time devising an elaborate random-number system.

1.Put your music player on shuffle.

2. Press forward for each question.

3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

What does next year have in store for me?
One Trick Pony (MercyMe)
Ooh, do I get a pony???

What does your love life look like?
One-Winged Angel (Nobuo Uematsu)
Hahaha. I swear this came up randomly.

What do I say when life gets hard?
One-Winged Angel (Nobuo Uematsu)
Yes, I have two versions of this song. And yes I do listen to Uematsu when I'm stressed.

What do I think when I get up in the morning?
Something About You (MercyMe)
That works.

What song will I dance to at my wedding?
3:42 AM (Writer's Block) (MercyMe)
As described when I heard this at a concert: "This is a song about nothing, but it's fun to dance to."

What do you want to do for your career?
I Would Die For You (MercyMe)
Ummm...

Your favorite saying?
No More No Less (MercyMe)
Dear iTunes: Why does my party shuffle take 90% of its songs from the same album? I have 17 hours of music, for Heaven's sake.

Your favorite place?
Aerith (Nobuo Uematsu)
With Scott?

What do you think of your parents?
Last One Standing (MercyMe)
Hahahahaha.

Where would you go on a first date?
Where I Belong (MercyMe)
That one works quite well.

Drug of choice?
Hold Fast (MercyMe)
This one not so well. Unless loyalty is my drug of choice.

Describe yourself.
Coming Up To Breathe (MercyMe)
Unforunately, that one is rather appropriate.

What is the thing I like doing most?
Hello, Goodbye (Michael W. Smith)
First part accurate, second not.

What is my state of mind like at the moment?
Jesus, You Alone (Tim Hughes)
I wish this was my state of mind more often.

How will I die?
Come to the Water (Matt Maher)
Note to self: Avoid water.

The song that will be played at your funeral?
Word of God Speak (MercyMe)
Hmmm.

The song you'll put as the subject?
Maker of All Things (Tim Hughes)
Okeydokey.

The song that describes my friendships?
Responsory: Obviam (Monastic Choir of the Angels)
I'm not sure what to make of this one.

The song that describes my future marriage?
I Could Sing of Your Love Forever (Delirious?)
Awww.

The song that describes my future children?
Jesus, You Are Beautiful (GlassByrd)
That sounds pretty good.

The song that describes what this winter will be like?
Antiphon: Hodie 2 (Monastic Choir of the Angels)
Um. Okay.

The song that describes what people think of me?
Forever With You (Fr. Stan)
That's sweet.

The song that describes how I will do in school?
Love Me Good (Michael W. Smith)
I find that rather unpromising, since this title has poor grammar.

The song that describes how nice of a career I'll have?
Immaculata Reprisa Suprisa (Fr. Stan)
Note to self: Learn Latin.

The song that describes my personality?
Redeemer (Tim Hughes)
Flattering, if inaccurate.

This thing lends itself to being a meme, but I hate tagging people so if you feel like it, play, if not don't.

4 comments:

Theocentrica said...

Come to the water? XD that's priceless. And I just finished watching Hamlet, too...^_^

Anonymous said...

Dear iTunes: Why does my party shuffle take 90% of its songs from the same album? I have 17 hours of music, for Heaven's sake.

Dear Megan: Go to iTunes' Edit menu; select Preferences...; click the Playback tab; slide the Smart Shuffle slider to the right: "Drag the slider to change the likelihood of hearing sequential songs by the same artist or from the same album (when shuffle is on)."; click OK.

SJ

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Actually, having Aerith's theme as where would mean "The Promised Land", in FFVII a name for union with "The Lifestream"... so, that's weirder than we'd like it to be. Unless we translate that as being merely a pagan attempt at getting at being with God in Heaven, in which case that's... also accurate, except that you don't take your theology from pagans? Also, I should hope nothing like Sephie is in our love life, unless that means that I'll be taking down Sephie for you or something of that nature. And 3:42 AM could be when we're dancing after our wedding, given my late-night tendencies. But is Writer's Block part of the title? Because if so it means you'll be so occupied enjoying being with me that you'll forget half your novels to write, and then you'll be bugged by that in the long run. Having a Gregorian or other Latin chant for the winter sounds good to me, because it means winter will be majestic and noble.

Needless to say, all the sweet ones are awesome.

Unfortunately, I'm not trying this as almost half the music on my iTunes is my dad's and the other almost half is videogame music without actual titles, just names of stages and stuff like that.

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Oh, oh, oh...
I just remembered having read that "Aerith" is an unofficial Japanization of the English word Earth. Now that makes sense for your favorite place!