Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Reading Conclusion

Since my last update I've read three more of the books on my list. I read Big Red and The Black Stallion both over the course of 3 days because those two books were from the Polis library, which sends out overdue notices every three days, and Mom said she didn't want another overdue notice so I promised I'd have both books read within three days. (The other books are from a larger library system and I can renew them online.)

Then I slogged my way through Emma, which ended up being a rather good book. However, I'm not sure it was good enough to merit 400-odd pages.

Now I'm halfway through Kristen Lavransdatter, and I daresay I will finish it in the next 5 days. However, I most certainly will not have time for either The Idiot or Brideshead Revisited. Ovid never came in at the library--considering it's been "pending" for a good six weeks now I doubt it will ever show up.

So technically I failed in my summer reading challenge, but six books in as many weeks is nothing to sneeze at--and now I will have two or three books ready for my December reading challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened with Rendezvous with Rama? Did you read it? Did you enjoy it?

D.

Connie's Daughter said...

What do you think of Kristin Lavransdatter?

The Sojourner said...

Rendezvous with Rama--I'm not sure. Maybe I should find it before I leave for school? :)

Kristen Lavransdatter--So far, very good, but I've 400 pages to go and the ending is always the most important thing to me in judging whether I like a book or not.