Friday, October 24, 2008

And then pigs flew around campus

I made an interesting discovery last night.

I like exercise.

I will here pause a moment to allow those people who have just fallen out of their chairs in shock (in other words, pretty much everyone who knows me even moderately well) to recover.

Better? Good.

You see, waaaay back when I first arrived in August, Morgan and I made a deal that if she got up to go to morning Mass with me, I would go jogging with her. She came to Mass that first week (and vowed never to do it again, although she since has with another friend). The last month or so my conscience has been smiting me because I gave my solemn oath that her valiant effort to get up early would be rewarded, and for almost 2 months it was not.

Last night the stars were all aligned and the two of us actually had a half-hour in which we were both free and not sleeping. So we put on our sneakers and set off down the Kolbe-Clare parking lot.

It was fun. I jogged all the way down the parking lot, and then we had to swerve to avoid a car and once I was on the grass I lost my momentum, so we speed-walked for a little while while I caught my breath; then we jogged almost the entire way up the Louie-Liz parking lot. Which is a long parking lot. And we were going uphill. So I'm pretty proud of myself, considering that it's the first time I've jogged (in the exercising sense) in my whole entire life.

And it was fun.

5 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

...I don't get it.

Becky D. said...

Megan
I remember that you liked the treadmill at the Y. Also I did like running when I was about your age. Of course the Army could have been responsible for that.

Mom

Connie's Daughter said...

Good for you!

I used to run when I was in college. It was a great stress reliever for me. I'd study just so long for exams, and then hit the bike path across the street from where I lived and run. It was the best test prep.

Sigh. Those were the days....

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

...Is excercise a girl thing?

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Or, rather, is running?