Friday, October 17, 2008

How Girly Are You?

I saw this on Facebook and thought it'd be funny:
(I wanted to add qualifiers to a lot of these--for instance, my swimsuit involves 2 pieces: a one-piece and atheletic shorts. Yet I get the feeling a "two-piece swimsuit" has different connotations.)

below 40 = not girly
above 40 = girly
above 55 = paris hilton

[ ] My fingernails/toenails are almost always painted.
[ ]During the summer i pretty much only wear flip flops
[ ] My favorite toy as a child were barbies.
[ ] My favorite color is pink or purple.
[x] I did Gymnastics.
[x] I love skirts/shorts.
[ ] Hollister is (one of) my favorite place to shop.
[ ] Tight jeans are the only jeans I'll wear.
[x] I love chocolate.

TOTAL SO FAR: 3

[ ] I straighten my hair.
[x] I have at least 8 facebook pictures.
[ ] I usually go shopping once a week.
[x] I love to hang out with friends.
[ ] I've gone to a tanning salon.
[ ] I've gone to the beach to tan - not to swim.
[ ] I have at least 10 pairs of shoes.
[ ] I watch either The OC, Laguna Beach OR Desperate Houswives.
[ ] I change my profile weekly.
[ ] I have worn a shower cap.

TOTAL SO FAR: 5

[ ] I would NEVER step foot into Hot Topic.
[ ] My cell phone might as well become a part of me.
[ ] I wear mascara everyday.
[ ] Bathing suits are adorable.
[ ] I don't know the difference between a sheep and a goat.
[ ] Big sunglasses are hot.
[ ] I have gotten my nails done.
[ ] I own over 10 purses.
[ ] MuchMusic is my one of my favorite channels.

TOTAL SO FAR: 5

[x] I like to talk about boys
[x] I love to have other people do my hair.
[x] I like to give and receive hugs from all my friends.
[ ] I hate bugs.
[x]carnivals are so fun!
[ ]summer is THE best season.
[x]My swimsuit has 2 pieces.
[ ]I'm waiting for my knight in shining armor.
[ ]Musicians are hot.
[ ] You write me a poem and tell me I'm beautiful and I'm all yours.

TOTAL SO FAR: 10

[x]I'm self-conscious.
[x]I cry often.
[ ] My room smells like vanilla.
[ ]My dishes get washed more then once a week.
[x] I don't do sports
[x]I HATE to run.
[x]I squeal when I am surprised
[ ] I eat dried fruit as a snack.
[x]love romance novels.
[ ]Drew Barrymore is so pretty.

TOTAL SO FAR: 16

[ ] I dance a lot.
[ ] usually spend over an hour to get ready to leave my house.
[ ] My hair is really important.
[ ] I love to get dressed up.
[ ] Every part of my outfit needs to match
[ ] I talk on the phone at least once a day to my friends.
[ ] I'd love to have a photo shoot of myself.
[ ] The price on clothes hardly matters.
[ ] I apply lipgloss 50 times a day.
[ ]I wish I were a model.

TOTAL SO FAR: 16

[ ]I wish I could meet Paris Hilton
[ ] R&B is the best music.
[ ] I pop my collar.
[ ] Guys with Mohawks are GROSS!
[x] Horses are beautiful
[ ] I never pay attention in school.

TOTAL SO FAR: 17

[ ] I write my own music.
[ ]I would love to visit Hawaii
[ ] Valentines day is so cute!
[x] I wouldn't be caught dead in all black.
[ ] My closet is STOCK FULL of clothes.
[ ] I hate the grunge look of a beard.
[ ] I love to read magazines.

TOTAL SO FAR: 18

[ ]I love to gossip.
[x] had Lisa Frank folders, posters as a kid.
[ ] I love Celine Dion.
[ ] My baths are 2 hours long.
[ ] My wedding only needs a groom because it's already planned.
[ ] My friends and I are in a strict group.
[x]I like kids.
[ ] Diet drinks are the best.
[ ] I have been a vegetarian.
[ ] i refuse to eat at Mc Donald's

TOTAL SO FAR: 20

[x] i check my facebook everyday.
[ ]I have a lot of jewelry
[ ] Claire's has cheap jewelry.
[ ] My screen names has x's in them.
[ ]Either one of my msn names has/had <3/♥'s in them.
[ ]I would never want to be the opposite sex.
[ ] I have more than 3 pillows on my bed

COMPLETE TOTAL: 21

5 comments:

Theocentrica said...

XD I'm so tempted to rewrite that whole thing to either "how feminine are you" or "how femininely quirky are you"...

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Let me guess as to qualifiers:

[x] I love skirts/shorts.
However, you do not love short skirts; skirts to you are still as long as a good ol' dress.

[x] I like to talk about boys
Not that I'd actually know for a fact, but knowing you I suspect that's far less in the sense of "Jim is so cute and he and Sara go so well together, they'd make a great couple, yadayadayada," and far more in the sense that you know boys who as people are actually worth talking about.

[x]My swimsuit has 2 pieces.
Well, you already explained that's a one-piece suit plus shorts, thus making it even more modest, not less.

[ ]I'm waiting for my knight in shining armor.
I think it's safe to say he's shown up at this point? 8^) I wonder whether you'd have filled this one in a year ago.

[x]I squeal when I am surprised
Which is funny, because you are normally fairly controlled and not giggly or squeally.

[ ] My hair is really important.
Relative to most things, but that's not to say it doesn't have special value of its own.

[ ] I talk on the phone at least once a day to my friends.
With the exception of a certain friend when we're not both at school.

[x]I like kids.
How is that girly? Humans are supposed to like kids.


As an aside, I note here a tidbit of pop culture I would rather have gone without knowing: that there is a show by the name of "Laguna Beach". Why would I rather not know that? Because if it fits in with The OC, which I gathered from the commercials around the Superbowl is basically another one of those shows too much about girlfriendry and sex, and Desperate Housewives, which I don't even want to actually know what it's about, then it's a disgrace to the Final Fantasy character by the name of Laguna -- aka The Man With the Machine Gun.

Yay metageekiness!

The Sojourner said...

You did a pretty good job guessing, love. Also these:

[ ] My fingernails/toenails are almost always painted.
They used to be, but I haven't painted them once since my grandmother died almost 4 years ago (she was one of those people who had basketfulls of nail polish).

[ ] My favorite toy as a child were barbies.
Though I did have about 7 million of them, my actual favorite toys were (and are, I'm not ashamed to admit) my model horses.

[x] I did Gymnastics.
Very very briefly.

[ ] I would NEVER step foot into Hot Topic.
[ ] MuchMusic is my one of my favorite channels.
[ ] Claire's has cheap jewelry.
I don't even know what these are.

[x] I love to have other people do my hair.
[x] I like to give and receive hugs from all my friends.
This does not mean that I will let just anybody do my hair--there are a handful of friends I will ask if I want my hair fancier than I can do myself, because I'm not comfortable with anybody else touching my head. Hugs are similar. If I know you well, please hug me all you like. If I just met you a handshake will suffice.

[x] I don't do sports
Unless you count pick-up games of Ultimate Frisbee.

[x]love romance novels.
But not the trashy ones.

[ ]I would never want to be the opposite sex.
In part this is true because I am quite content with the way God made me, but I didn't want to imply that I thought being a man is a bad thing. (Some of my favorite people are men. 8^))

Theocentrica said...

You wouldn't be caught dead in all black?

The Sojourner said...

"Caught dead" is something of a strong phrase. I just look really awful in dark colors--enough so that even my minimal fashion sense knows to avoid them.