Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm not a genius, I just play one on the SAT

Yesterday while I was at work my cell phone chirped at me. I picked it up and its little screen unhappily announced that it had had to disconnect because there were only 23 cents left in my account.

Disconnect from what? I thought cleverly.

I'm still not sure what my cell phone was calling for 3 1/2 hours, but the end result was that my account was entirely depleted, rendering my cell phone non-functional. (I'm on a 25-cent-per-minute pay-as-you-go plan).

This morning I recharged it, and then spent an inordinately long time pushing buttons trying to figure out how to lock my keypad, because I'm fairly sure that my cell phone's buttons simply got bumped while it was riding around in my pocket.

I finally did figure out how to lock the keypad, so hopefully I won't lose $50 in minutes again. While I was at it I figured out how to put my phone on vibrate mode, after spending several months complaining that it doesn't have a vibrate mode.

This whole incident is getting filed under "Just because I'm in the 99th percentile doesn't mean I'm smart".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you want to call your provider and ask them to refund your minutes?

D.