Saturday, October 11, 2008

Multi-dimensional buckets

My mother has asked for an explanation of the six-dimensional bucket, and since I tend to do what my mother says (usually...) I hereby shall explain it:

On Thursday night Scott and I were sitting in the TES common room doing nothing in particular and he says, "I love you" (because he does that) and then adds, "And I love that you love me," or something to that effect.

After saying "I love you too" (because I do that) I pondered a moment and then said that I think I loved him just as much before I knew that he loved me. I explained it thus: "Imagine you have a bucket. It's not so much that the bucket got more full as it became a four-dimensional bucket." In other words, realizing that he loved me didn't make me love him more, it just added a new dimension.

So Scott promptly declared, "I love you enough to fill a five-dimensional bucket." I laughed, and he explained all five dimensions, and we sat around doing nothing in particular for a while longer.

As he was walking me back to my dorm we were talking about children and he abruptly declared, "I love you enough to fill a six-dimensional bucket." Below I will produce the final list of the six dimensions of Scott's love for me:

1. I am created in the image and likeness of God.
2. I partake in the life of grace.
3. I am a unique person.
4. I love him.
5. I'm beautiful.
6. I love children. (this would probably be higher than Number 5, but it's an addition to the original list so I put it last)

There you have it. If you still don't get it, that's okay. It's just another reason why I'm dating Scott and you're not.

No comments: