Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Gift of Joy

I went to a FOP last night, and spent the whole time either laughing or singing. I won't go too much into it, because some things are between God and me (I don't tell you all the nice things Scott says to me, either. :)) but I will say that it felt like I rediscovered joy, sitting there on the floor of a gymnasium laughing with abandon. Or maybe I just plain discovered it, because I do not recall ever having been that happy before in my life.

Right before I left (early, because there was something I felt compelled to do), the following Bible passage was read:

And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all
peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death
forever, and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach
of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has
spoken.

It will be said on that day, "Behold, this is our God; we have waited for
him, that he might save us. This is the Lord; we have waited for him; let us be
glad and rejoice in his salvation."

~Isaiah 25:7-9

1 comment:

Dernhelm said...

"...I will say that it felt like I rediscovered joy, sitting there on the floor of a gymnasium laughing with abandon..." It always amazes me that God knows just WHEN and WHERE to shower those gifts. If we were the people to plan out the "best moments" of our lives, it certainly would neither be as random nor as meaninful. :) Glad to hear you are doing so well!