Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Names

When I first knew Scott, I referred to him as Scott-from-Cincy, mainly because I didn't know how to spell or pronounce his last name. (Now I think it's easy. Of course, I think the same of The Greek Geek's lovely Norwegian name.) My mom called him "that geeky boy."

Yesterday, I was having dinner with some friends and they were talking about a friend of theirs named Scott. When L. first brought him up, I looked up from my food and said, "Not my Scott?" She assured me that no, we were not talking about my Scott.

I think it's kind of funny that nowadays the way I distinguish him from all other Scotts in the world is by the fact that he is mine.

7 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

There was a Meghan-with-an-h over recently, and I referred to you as "_my_ Megan."

The Sojourner said...

8^)

Theocentrica said...

See, Ambrose and I don't have this problem. *grin*

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

It's fairly rare that I encounter another Scott either.

Theocentrica said...

Although, we still refer to each other possessively. ^_^

Ambrose said...

^ My Mari has a point.

The Sojourner said...

This conversation amuses me highly.