Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We're not random, you just can't think as fast as we can

Last night I talked to Scott for about twenty minutes before work, and then after he called me (because I got on Skype and told him I was done; he gets free long distance and I don't) and I ended up getting put on speakerphone and having an hourlong conversation with him and his 17-year-old brother.

The first half of the conversation was 17yo and I trading driver's ed horror stories. Some of them are about how silly the quizzes are, but most were the gruesome stories of death and carnage that your instructor tells you to scare you into driving safely. (Unfortunately, some of us are of an imaginative nature and after driver's ed really prefer not to drive at all because of the visions of death and carnage that dance through our heads.) That segued into organ donation which segued into a philosophical discussion of whether your soul resides in your organs which segued into...well, this weird conglomeration of videogames, chemistry homework, and more stories of death and carnage.

I'm going to be related to these people someday. *grin*

1 comment:

Theocentrica said...

Sam called me for an hour, last night... he does it all the time, now. He's staying at a farm for a week and he's bored out of his mind. XD