Thursday, March 19, 2009

Once more, I am inordinately proud of myself

So, dear readers, this morning Mom and Dad were both out of the house so I was left in charge. After we all ate breakfast I ordered Kitty to go get dressed and dressed the Princess. Once Kitty was ready I had her watch the Princess while I got ready. Then the Princess and I brushed her hair and teeth.

When Mom and Dad got back at about 11, we were all of us ready for the day, sitting and watching The Lion King (the Princess walked up to the television and asked, "Wion?" and I acquiesed), with the Princess in her high chair eating yogurt.

Then Mom had me go out to Wal-Mart and I did a whole Wal-Mart trip in 45 minutes. I didn't even have to accost any helpful sales associates; I was able to find everything in the very first place I looked. That is a really. big. thing. for me.

I do realize that it was only the morning and not the whole day, and it would have been much harder if I'd had to, for instance, watch the Princess while getting myself ready, or take her to Wal-Mart with me, but still this is one of those days when I think that someday I'll be able to handle being alone with a baby all day.

No comments: