Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer Reading Challenge, 2009

Last August I posted a Summer Reading Challenge for myself. I ended up reading 6 of the 9 books, which leaves the following:

Brideshead Revisted, Evelyn Waugh
The Idiot, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Art of Love, Ovid

I've the vague idea that someone gave me The Idiot for Christmas, but if a quick search of my (currently extremely messy) room doesn't turn it up, I'll reserve all three at the library.

I've also decided that I'm going to read the Harry Potter series this summer. I like understanding my boyfriend when he talks. However, if I find the first book insufferable, I will give up that part of my summer reading challenge without compuctions.

I don't expect ten books to take me the whole summer, so I'll update in a month or two with progress and any other books I decide to read.

4 comments:

Andi said...

I love the Harry Potter books. They are most definitely not on the same intellectual level Dostoyevsky, but they're a fun and quick read.

Theocentrica said...

Ovid... if that's the work I ran across once, it won't be pleasant.

Em said...

Ovid's Art of Love certainly isn't PG, that's for certain. However, if you found Aristophanes interesting, you might find a few laughs at this poor poet's attempt to figure out how to pick up a girl at the circus maximus.

The Sojourner said...

Interesting...Well, if it needs to get scrapped from the list it will. (I can't remember now how it got on the list in the first place.)