Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Does anybody else think this would be a good idea?

I have had a thought in the back of my mind ever since the day in the fall of 2006 when I skipped out on a whole day of homeschooling to read the entirety of Danielle Bean's archives. (At that time, she'd been blogging for about a year.)

Why are archives in ascending chronological order? I can understand the main page being that way, since people who visit your blog regularly will want to see the newest posts first, but why are the archives that way? On the few occasions that I have liked a blogger's writing enough to want to read every single post they ever wrote, I have gone back to the oldest archives and worked my way through in chronological order.

So, wouldn't it make more sense if you could, for instance, click on my "July" archives and the top post would be the first one of July and the bottom post would be this one? Or am I just being weird again?

2 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

You're not being weird at all, it makes perfect sense. When I finally get around to teaching myself HTML I'll have to find a way to make it do that.

DavidD said...

All you'd have to do is provide the ability to change the sort sequence. You could sort, ascending or descending, by date or by label or ...