Thursday, August 13, 2009

I read half a book today

...about 200 pages all told, of somewhat fluffy Christian fiction (still working on Brideshead Revisited). Of course, that's nothing when you think about how back in the day I could be doing schoolwork most of the day and still knock down a 500-page novel before dinner--and my first thought upon finishing would be, "I sure hope I have another book around here somewhere so I can read before bed." Still, it's as enthusiastic as I've felt about reading in a long time and it's good to feel that way again. Someday I'll get back to those days of getting a huge stack of books at the library and having them finished in a matter of days. Just need to warm up the old reading muscles a bit more.

Now, I'm off to find a good before-bed book.

No comments: