Friday, August 21, 2009

Random Updatey Stuff

Because I am supposed to be packing up to go back to school. (2 days! Eep!)

The Great Purge was, I think, a success. It's kind of hard to tell because I only cleaned out the last corner of my closet (I really don't have a very big closet, but you'd be surprised at my junk-cramming skills) a day or two ago so the post-purge clean feeling was usurped by the pre-packing chaos feeling. And now my room is in shambles because I am packing. Or should be.

Yesterday morning I was on about page 150 of 350 on Brideshead Revisited and starting to despair of finishing. However, BR has that old-book tendency of picking up the pace about halfway through. I got to page 250 in fits and starts throughout the day, and then after I was ready for bed I flopped down on my bed and took the last 100 pages at a hard gallop, finishing just after 11. It was rather invigorating; I felt like a 16-year-old again. I'm not entirely sure I liked the book, though; I must ponder it for a while.

And I really do plan on writing some more posts for my lovely readers. Right after I finish packing.

No comments: