Sunday, August 2, 2009

The road goes ever on and on...

Yesterday the family went halfway across Ohio to visit my grandma (Dad's mom). LP wasn't sure about her at first but by the end of dinner she was sitting in Grandma's lap drinking her iced tea. (Unsweetened iced tea, no less. I often say that LP is going to be the only 3-year-old girl with real tea at her tea parties.)

We got back from dinner to find that my dad's younger brother (who lives nearby) had come over, and so we also got to catch up with him. LP warmed up to him even faster after her initial coolness. My theory is that she likes him because he looks so much like Dad. (Though almost three years apart, they look like twins, to the point where if you look at old photos wherein they had similar hairstyles even Mom has a hard time remembering which one is her husband.)

I have a funny story to relate from that visit, but it would take up too much room now. The real purpose of this post is to let you all know that I am going to be gone for the next week and will have very little internet access, so no blogging until at least Tuesday August 11. When I do get back you'll get that funny story, a book review, and news of my doings this coming week.

No comments: