Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in Review

Via Melanie, a template for a year-in-review post:

Post the first sentence of your first blog post of each month. You can also add a favorite picture from each month. (Megan's note: I think I posted pictures 2 or 3 times total this year, so I'm skipping that part.)

January:
Via Melanie, a template for a year-in-review post:

(from the second post:)
Me: "There's a horse in the Little People's bathroom."

February:
Last night I talked to Scott for about twenty minutes before work, and then after he called me (because I got on Skype and told him I was done; he gets free long distance and I don't) and I ended up getting put on speakerphone and having an hourlong conversation with him and his 17-year-old brother.

March:
Some time ago I posted a list of six quirks.

April:
Yesterday I was recalling the first Lord's Day I ever attended, during Orientation Weekend.

May:
Scott has recently been waking up in the mornings.

June:
There are two kinds of people in the world: the declutterers and the packrats.

July:
"I need you to hold my hand while I'm letting go!"

August:
Yesterday the family went halfway across Ohio to visit my grandma (Dad's mom).

September:
Today on The Scatterbrained Chef, we will show you how to make a delicious and filling snack (it can also be breakfast!) with everyday dorm room staples.

October:
Me: "Princess, put the scissors away."

November:
Your fairy is called Columbine Elfshimmer.

December:
Over Thanksgiving:

February definitely wins the prize for longest opening sentence.

2 comments:

DavidD said...

OK, so does knowing that the template for your year-in-review post is to "[p]ost the first sentence of your first blog post of each month" influence what you write as the first sentence of the first blog post of each month?

The Sojourner said...

If it did, don't you think I'd be able to come up with more interesting opening sentences?