Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Feast of the Annunciation

I see this thing everywhere (original source) and figured I might as well try it as a way of getting more of my daily life down here.

Outside my window...
The slanting gray roof of Kolbe/Clare hall is gleaming in the rain.

I am thinking...
I love rain. :)

I am thankful for...
The sacrament of Confession, and people who love me anyway.

I am wearing...
Black skirt, white tank top (yay modesty!), greeny-blue blouse. I love spring because I get to wear all my pretty blouses again.

I am creating...
A blog post? Seriously, though, one of my other windows is my latest novel.

I am going...
to get back to studying for that history test pretty soon.

I am reading...
Well, I just bought a book called Lent and Easter: Wisdom from Henri J. M. Nouwen. I read one meditation. (It was lovely.)

I am hoping...
that I don't forget that God is my everything.

I am hearing...
my computer humming softly to itself.

Around the house dorm room...
Lots of shoes. I don't really have anywhere to put them; this semester I have a couple of large plastic tubs in my closet where my shoes normally go.

One of my favorite things...
Rain. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Studying my brains out for the aforementioned history test. Writing the second half of my history paper. Remembering that God is my everything.

2 comments:

Theocentrica said...

Get one of those shoe-pocket things to hang on the backs of doors.

The Sojourner said...

Noooooo...I have an irrational aversion to shoe-pocket things.

Also, the back of our door has a mirror and towel bars on it already. No room for shoesies.