Monday, May 3, 2010

I am an antisocial thing

The other day, I was having breakfast with two of my friends and someone mentioned a particular professor who has four young children, and M. said that she wouldn't want to be a professor and pregnant at the same time. I asked why and M. said she thought it'd be too stressful. I wholeheartedly concurred, opining that from what I hear when you are pregnant people have this tendency to ask annoying questions and invade your personal space.

So I decided (and announced to my breakfast companions) that when I get pregnant I am either going to go all Victorian and not leave the house after I start showing, or I will make myself a shirt that says "Due [Month, Day]. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl. No, you may not touch my belly."

And I will wear it, oh yes I will.

No comments: