Sunday, August 1, 2010

Here I am

So, I had this grand plan to have this blog all spiffy-looking on August 1, when I launched it. Of course, I procrastinated...I figured I'd just do all of it this past weekend.

Then last week two foster kids got dropped off on our doorstep. On half an hour's notice. So things have been a wee bit crazy around here the last few days, and my Pages reflect that. I'll get to those eventually.

I did manage to finish importing and editing all my old posts. Mostly I just fixed self-referential links. All the links to my own writing ought to link here now and not to any of my other three blogs. If they do feel free to let me know. I did delete a few posts, mostly for privacy reasons. I also stealth-published a lot of drafts. They were fully written and polished; I'd just never hit "Publish" for various reasons. So I did, and there are new-to-you posts scattered through the archives, and my drafts folder is down from 38 to 5. (I also deleted quite a few drafts; in some cases I had written a sentence or two as a "reminder" but of course I've since forgotten what I meant to write about, so bye-bye they went.)

I make absolutely no promises with this blog. I'll write what I feel moved to write when I want to write it. I kind of hope that I'll stay happy with this space; moving blogs is a pain. I moved this time because the two blogs just never really worked for me. I'm not at all good at compartmentalizing my thoughts, and I think that is actually one of my strengths, so I'm going to work with it. Having only one blog is part of working with it. I know better than to say I won't move again, though.

Anyone willing to come along for the ride?

2 comments:

DavidD said...

OK, so can you do a post where you link to all the new-to-us posts scattered throughout the archives?

The Sojourner said...

That's...not a bad idea.

Don't expect me to do it anytime soon, though. I can't stand doing lots of links all at once.