Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm trying not to let this ruin my day

So, we don't get a lot of fresh fruit in the Caf. It's just a sad fact of life.

Today, there were nectarines. I got one, and carried it out with me, and was making grand plans about having it with my vanilla yogurt for a snack.

Then I got distracted watching a butterfly and next thing I knew my delicious, beautiful little nectarine had fallen out of my hand. It rolled across the sidewalk, across a flowerbed, and under a car before I had time to switch from "Ooh, pretty butterfly!" to "MY PRECIOUSSSSS!!!"

I decided that it really wasn't worth it to see if I could fetch my precious nectarine from under the car. I mean, really, that's just nasty. Washing in the bathroom sink would not fix "Falling on the dirt and the road."

The sad part is that I can't tell myself that I can just have a nectarine-with-vanilla-yogurt tomorrow, because it could be weeks before I find another one at the Caf.

1 comment:

Becky D. said...

Maybe you can ask your roommate to take you to Kroger.

Hugs, Mom