Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Introducing The New Novel

So, dear readers, I've mentioned my novel-writing adventures here before and I figured it was time to mention them again.

I've added a new page to my blog which will hopefully chronicle my progress editing The Novel, which I finished back in February, and also writing The New Novel.

You can see the stats for The New Novel on the page, but a word about my goal: I'm attempting to write 100,000 words by midnight on January 1, 2011. I admit that this is a pretty lofty goal, coming to about 23-24,000 words a month, but I think it's doable. Schoolwork comes first, as always, but considering that I won NaNoWriMo last year and still got very respectable grades, I don't think I'll be in too much danger of neglecting anything important. (At this point I'm not planning on doing NaNoWriMo this year, but I guess we'll see what happens in the next 2 months.) Also, if I run out of story before 100,000 words I'm not going to add fluff just to hit my goal. I picked that simply because it's a nice round number and a good average novel length.

Further updates as events warrant.

No comments: