I just updated my progress on The Novels, dear readers, and felt compelled to add a couple of comments.
1. I have been doing schoolwork! My slow progress in creative writing proves it!
2. I feel like the stats for The Novel do not totally reflect the amount of time I *did* put into it the last two weeks. The first 3 chapters (which were actually a Prologue, Chapter 1, and Chapter 2) were structurally fairly sound but needed updated and polished--kind of like having a house that's overall a decent house but could use a finished basement and some paint in the bedrooms and new appliances in the kitchen. Chapters 3, 4, and 5, however, were kind of like the Before houses in Extreme Home Makeover. They needed to be torn down and replaced by much bigger, fancier houses. (Except without the inground pools and whatever. Mari would skin me if I got too fancy.) And I can't spend 14 hours a day working on them, so it takes me more than a week. Fortunately, I'm plugging along nicely through what I've been calling The Chapter Formerly Known As Five (all this expansion has resulted in a discrepancy in the number of chapters between one draft and the next), and the Chapters Formerly Known As Six And Seven are more of the "update" category than the "tear down and replace" category.
Don't ask me about the Chapters Formerly Known As Eight Through Twelve, however.