Friday, September 3, 2010

Seven Quick Takes: Back to school edition




1. I love naps. If I didn't have somewhere to be in half an hour, I'd totally be asleep right now.

2. This is the first time I've had a roommate who is also a morning person. It's great fun...lights out by 11 and then we go have breakfast together at 7 or so. It's nice to have another freak of (college student) nature to keep me company.

3. This is also the first time I've had a roommate who's 21. She keeps champagne in my fridge and I tease her about corrupting the youth.

4. The Little Man has been introduced to Skype and loves it. He apparently thinks that I can hear him through the computer all the time and will go over and yell my name at it when he wants to talk to me.

5. I have not died of night classes yet. See #2 for why I was expecting to die.

6. Kant actually isn't so bad once you get through his prose (German-translated-to-English is very dense), but I'm still happy to be moving on to English Romantic poetry next week.

7. If you haven't ever read the Regensberg Address, DO IT. We had to read it for Honors and it basically changed my life. I might write a longer post on why in a few days.

Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.

No comments: