Friday, September 17, 2010
Seven Quick Takes: Weirdness and Romance edition
1. Note to the characters in Romantic poems: If you find a gorgeous woman in the woods, LEAVE HER THERE. Run away.
Also, never ever ever shoot an albatross.
2. Scott and I had a Skype date last night, and ended up spending most of it reading Pearls Before Swine. This was my favorite comic of the night; I posted it on Facebook as "This is going to be my honeymoon." (Scott's dad commented: "Somehow I pictured you doing something ELSE on your honeymoon rather than playing Risk. Like reading Calvin & Hobbes comic books. =)" )
3. Sometimes I wonder what my roommate thinks when I am on Skype and say things like, "See, I should be the zebra and you should be the vegetarian croc, because you're the anthropomorphic duck and I'm the nonanthropomorphic duck."
And then I realize she's known me for 2 1/2 years and would have run away by now if she was afraid of a little weirdness.
4. I'm still working on that Kant essay.
5. Also an essay for Christian Marriage on what constitutes a truly human sexual act.
6. This past Sunday my household sisters and I were all at Vespers together. When we got back, we found that two of the other girls on wing had TPed our common room and bedrooms. The Sarahs were very happy they'd locked their door.
7. We have two cow suits among our household possessions, just because. Yesterday one of my sisters was wandering around the hall in one of them. Just because.
Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.