Friday, October 8, 2010

Seven Quick Takes: Midterms edition

1. This is the 500th post published on this blog. I think that's kind of impressive.

2. I had midterms this week, so my brain is totally and completely dead.

3. The Princess is in preschool two days a week. Wednesday, Mom asked her, "What did you learn in preschool today?" She replied, "Be gentle with the other children." One gets the idea she hears that a lot.

4. On a related note, Mom reports that after Mass on Sunday the Little Man was whining because Dad wouldn't put him down so he could walk. Dad asked, "And WHY won't I let you down?" The Little Man replied sagely, "Because I was acting like a baby."

5. At the most stressful point of my week (Wednesday afternoon), Scott showed me a webpage he'd built that prints "Are we there yet?" over and over again until you hit a button saying "We're there!" It is quite possibly the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

6. Sometimes I am reminded strongly of the fact that there's a reason he and I are dating each other and nobody else. Or rather lots of reasons. And our completely bizarre sense of humor is one of them. (I put sense in the singular because ours are pretty much identical, despite being very bizarre.)

Of course, one of the other reasons is the fact that he also gets me when I'm being serious, better than anybody else does.

7. Sometimes Cheez Whiz is a crucial plot point.

Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.

No comments: