Thursday, December 9, 2010

Incorrigible

So, my body is being very disobedient this week.

You see, my body and I have an agreement. I feed it large quantities of refined sugar and it stays healthy. Since I came to college, I have been more than keeping up my end of the deal, but my body has been totally slacking off.

For instance: On Sunday I developed what seems to be a pinched nerve in my right shoulder. (So far, my strategy has been Taking Ibuprofen and Ignoring It. I have finals, okay, and I really can't write with my left hand.)

Then yesterday I woke up and went to 8:30 Mass with my roommate, and partway through Mass started feeling like death. I continued feeling like death for the ENTIRE DAY, while valiantly attempting to study for my Christian Marriage final. Memorizing stuff is HARD when you have your chin on the desk and are trying to push your glasses up high enough on your nose to still see the computer screen.

On the plus side, I was distracted from the shooting pain in my arm by the dull pain in my entire body.

I got out of my final at 7, puttered around for a bit trying to be productive, and decided at 8:10 that I was just giving up and going to bed.

So I put on my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and was in bed by 8:20. I set my alarm for 5:45 because I wanted to get up and go to 6:30 Mass.

My alarm went off at 5:45, and I sat up in bed and thought "I feel fantastic!"

I am still sick, and my arm still hurts, and right now I could really use a nap, but the fact remains that at 5:45 this morning everything seemed absolutely wonderful.

I am such a morning person.

No comments: