Friday, February 18, 2011
Seven Quick Takes: Home for the weekend edition
1. I walked in the door and said, "Hey Dad, on the way home Mom and I decided what we're going to name our next baby."
(The hypothetical baby that we're hypothetically going to adopt sometime this year.)
2. It occurs to me that I need to work on the language I use to refer to my younger sibling(s). For instance, I routinely refer to Teresa as "my baby" in everyday conversation. Considering that she's almost 17 years younger than I am, that might be open to misinterpretation.
3. With all the first/middle combos being tossed around, Teresa got very curious and started asking about everyone's middle names. After hearing the middle names of everyone in our immediate family, she decided that she wanted to change her name to Teresa Elizabeth. I was flattered. Mom says she can take Elizabeth as her Confirmation name. (Mom did, back in the day.)
4. Of course, she also asked what Scott's middle name was. And promptly became very concerned about lions. (Guess. :))
5. Scott is coming over tomorrow. :D
6. We're going to bake cookies together. I am really looking forward to it; I like a man who can cook. I'm not going to let him wash dishes, though; that would be too dangerous to my chastity.
7. Teresa is of the firm opinion that Scott is coming to visit her and has spent the last 16 hours or so (since she found out that he was coming) telling me about how she's going to show him her rocketship (I assured her that Scott loves rocketships) and how he's going to play hide-and-seek with her and so on and so forth.
For more Quick Takes, go to Conversion Diary.