Friday, February 25, 2011

Seven Quick Takes: Things that make me happy edition

I could spent yet another post complaining that schoolwork is killing me, but that's boring. I bore myself. So, in no particular order:

1. The kids I babysit through Ministry to Moms. Especially that moment a week or two ago when they all ended up sitting on my lap and I read them a story. And that moment a few weeks ago when the 5-year-old twins were tearing around the house and the 2-year-old looked at me and said in this oh-so-mature voice, "Dey're siwwy." And that long stretch of time two days ago when all three of them sat and played with blocks and shared and took turns. FOR LIKE AN HOUR.

2. Snow days. And naps.

3. Melanie's entire blog. But especially this post. And all of these posts.

4. Weird, random, girly conversations with Mari.

5. For that matter, girly conversations with my mom. They aren't as delightfully weird, but it's still nice to just talk sometimes.

6. Scott. Obviously. For too many reasons to list. This week, particularly for his hardworkingness and appreciation for simple things and ability to genuinely have fun playing with small children. And for the fact that he keeps me grounded in reality (especially given that the reality in which he grounds me is full of his love for me).

7. Teresa. Again obviously, again for too many reasons to list. I seriously can't imagine what my world would be like without her in it. I have no idea how I survived for 18+ years without her.

For more quick takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.

3 comments:

Theocentrica said...

Ohhh. You mean those normal, pertinent conversations, don't you. *g*

The Sojourner said...

Oh, yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for correcting me.

Melanie B said...

Aw, I'm blushing. You're too sweet.