Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook: Snow Day edition

Outside my window...
SNOW!

I am thinking...
How nice it is that my professor canceled class. I took a nap. It was glorious.

I am thankful for...
Snow, nice professors, and naps.

I am wearing...
My March for Life 2009 shirt. I have Mother Teresa on my stomach; it's a bit weird. Also a denim skirt. And then bare feet, because I'm that much of a hillbilly.

I am creating...
At the moment, a blog post. But sometime this afternoon I am going to do some exercises to flesh out some secondary characters in the Novel. (In some ways secondary characters are harder because so much of their lives goes on behind the scenes. As the author, I need to know all that behind the scenes stuff so I can make them convincing and consistent when they do get screentime.)

I am going...
To do what I just said. Also to work a little on my thesis.

I am reading...
Murder in the Cathedral by T.S. Eliot and Divine Madness by Joseph Pieper, both for Honors tomorrow.

I am hoping...
That I get everything done I need to get done.

I am hearing...
"Breathe" by Taylor Swift.

Around the house dorm room...
A sort of general chaos of books and the detritus of college life. (I'm leaving this answer because my room isn't any tidier than it was last April.)

One of my favorite things...
Spending time with Scott, which I got to do this past weekend.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Working on the thesis. Thinking about applying for An Actual Job Out In The Real World. Panicking a little bit.

A picture thought I am sharing...
Go here.

Scott and I watched The Blind Side this past weekend and during the opening credits he started laughing. I asked why and he quoted this strip. Word-for-word. Because he is a dork.

I love my dork.

No comments: