Saturday, February 5, 2011

So much for that

I didn't mention in my last post that I was feeling kind of sick, but I was. I dragged all morning, and by 1 p.m. I just wanted to curl up and go to sleep, but I was a good girl and went to the household fair instead. By 3 p.m. I was running into doorframes. This is something I always do when I'm overtired but it's taken me 21+ years to develop the self-awareness and...humility, maybe...to recognize that I need to let go of any non-critical plans I have for the rest of the day and GET SOME SLEEP.

So I crashed until 4:45 Mass, had a weird smorgasboard dinner at the Pub (which included mooching cheesy breadsticks from my roommate) rather than going to the overcrowded cafeteria (eating there on the weekends is badly overstimulating for me even when I'm not sick and frazzled) and then tried to take it easy for the rest of the evening, though I did manage to get in touch with somebody I needed to get in touch with for Take #6. So altogether I think I did about four things out of my seven. I guess I know what I'm doing today.

No comments: