Friday, March 4, 2011

Seven Quick Countdown-ish Things




1. 5 days until Lent starts. I feel like I should do something super-radical like not eat for 40 days or something, because I don't really have that many more Lents left before I'm going to be married and have babies and never be able to do hardcore fasting again.

(Yes, I like to plan ahead.)

But I am not. There isn't any virtue for me in losing 10-15 pounds in seven weeks (something I've done for the last 3 years) and then gaining it all back and some because I have no. earthly. clue. how to be moderate.

So that's what I'm going to try to do with my almost-last Radical Lent. Learn to be moderate.

(Also, my New Year's Resolution was to stop weighing myself, so I have only a very vague idea of what I even weigh right now. So if I cave and weigh myself at Easter I won't know if I gained weight or lost it, really.)

2. 6 days until I go home for Spring Break. I do boring, boring things for Spring Break, people. Maybe I'll take Teresa to the park every day or something so she things I am the best big sister of all time. And Mom will think I am the best big sister of all time too because Teresa is a nicer human being when she's allowed to run around and hit things with sticks for a little while.

3. 8 days until I might see Scott again. I would put a smiley face here, but we haven't actually worked anything out yet; it's just that next weekend is really the only time my Spring Break aligns with his work schedule.

(Hi, Scott's parents! Do you still read my blog? Can I come over?)

4. 52 days until the final draft of my thesis is due. I am still moving forward with that, albeit slowly.

5. 58 days until John Paul II is beatified. :) Don't tell me you're not excited about that.

6. 71 days until I graduate!! You can go ahead and not be excited about that, but I'm very excited. I want my $90,000 sheet of paper, thank you very much.

7. 85 days until my parents' 25th anniversary, at which point they will be leaving me in charge of the house for TWO WHOLE DAYS (actually, one whole day and two half-days) and going off BY THEMSELVES. My parents, they are crazy.

(Incidentally, I'm pretty sure today is the 25th anniversary of the day they met. You do the math. My parents, they have always been crazy.)

[Edited to add: It is; they both posted about it on Facebook.]

If you can handle the disruption to your usual routine (I have no idea how I'm doing it), visit Betty Beguiles for more Quick Takes.

1 comment:

DavidD said...

85 days. It sounds like a long time when you say it that way. Wow. That's almost . . . three months.