Friday, March 11, 2011
Seven Quick Takes: Keyboards, explosions, and cute babies
1. My keyboard is sort of broken. I hope you all really really appreciate that I am typing this post with n's and s's included.
2. I get to see Scott in about 24 hours. A couple days ago we were saying goodbye at the end of a conversation and I said "See you in 3 days!" To which he replied, "See you in two and a half days?" Me: "If I saw you in two and a half days I'd be at your house at 8 a.m. on Saturday, and I don't think you'd like that." Him: "Actually, I wouldn't mind."
You may recall that this is the guy who would happily sleep from about 3 a.m. to noon every day if he could.
3. Did I mention that Scott has a job now? I can't give details, obviously, but it's a fantastic opportunity for him and he's been really enjoying it. He hasn't been enjoying getting up at 6 a.m. every day, but apparently he's gotten used to it.
4. A few weeks ago Scott and I were discussing visiting and his Youngest Younger Brother (currently age 13) said, "I like it when Megan comes over because we watch movies with lots of explosions in them."
I am deeply, deeply flattered.
(Note: I used to refer to Scott's siblings just by ages, but now his Thirteen-Year-Old Brother is a different person than the original Thirteen-Year-Old Brother, so I'm going to try to use birth-order-based pseudonyms from now on, unless I get permission to use their real names.)
5. I don't want to get too self-referential, but I actually blogged some stuff this week that I think is pretty interesting. First, I did a post on self-esteem issues, with the first ever identifying picture of myself (and the Princess as a toddler). Then, apparently emboldened by the previous post, I wrote about why I cover my head in church.
6. I'm home for spring break now, and Teresa has been VERY happy to see me. Last night after our very long and sleet-plagued drive back, she asked me to lay down with her and ended up falling asleep almost immediately. She was so cute that I almost didn't want to leave. Plus I was really tired too. But I did head to my own bed eventually.
7. Now the cheese pizza is starting to smell really good, so I'm going to just hit "publish." Happy Lent, everybody! +:)
Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.