Friday, March 25, 2011

Seven Quick Takes: Things that are awesome edition




1. Being able to type. Remember how I've been whining about my broken keyboard? Well, over Spring Break I borrowed a spare keyboard from Mom and now I'm doing this:


I apologize for the blurry webcam pic; my regular point-and-shoot decided to run out of batteries. (Also, I'm actually holding the camera in my left hand; I'm just too lazy to figure out how to flip the picture.)

2. Being able to eat meat on a Friday in Lent. Except I can't find any meat, so I had a giant helping of bear claw ice cream instead. Maybe I'll find some meat at dinnertime.

3. Seeing Matt Maher perform live (in the Fieldhouse last night). I discovered Matt Maher about a year and a half ago and I do not exaggerate when I say that Alive Again was one of the major things that helped pull me out of depression last fall. (If this video ever gets taken off YouTube I might cry; the version I have on iTunes isn't acoustic.)

4. This is part of 3, but awesome enough to deserve its own take: During the concert, Matt Maher called Scott Hahn onstage and Dr. Hahn picked up a guitar and started rocking out right along with the band.

I think I can die happy now.

5. I'm not sure this counts as awesome, but I'm really proud of my new and improved cast of characters. It takes an unbelievably long time to summarize your favorite people in a few sentences each.

I might put pictures on that page eventually, but it took me long enough just to write it.

6. Speaking of my favorite people, I got to Skype with Emily for about an hour and a half yesterday, which is awesome because we college seniors/first year grad students are not swimming in the free time.

7. I am THISCLOSE to being done with college. Sometimes I feel like I should be more torn over leaving Franciscan, the world capital of relentlessly enthusiastic Catholicism (really, Rome has nothing on us), but I'm honestly ready to move on with my life. Maybe that's a good thing; I wouldn't want to sob when I have to leave or anything.

Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.

1 comment:

DavidD said...

I just noticed that there's a picture of a picture of a picture ... of your hand in this post. I love it.