Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Week 2011: Holy Thursday

Holy Thursday Mass was...amazing. The only downside is the fact that I'll probably compare every other Holy Thursday Mass for the rest of my life to this one.

We had it in the Fieldhouse, which was standing room only. I think that means about 3000 people, but I'm not totally sure there. Then we had a candlelight procession to Christ the King for the Reposition of the Blessed Sacrament. I ended up somewhat near the front of the procession in that I managed to get a seat in an actual pew. We got there at maybe 9:20 (Mass started at 7:30 and ended right around 9) and by about 9:28 by my watch people were already leaving, but more people kept coming in to refill the pews.

I left at 9:30 (sorry, Jesus, but I'm too much of an early bird to do Compline at 11) and there was still a line of people 4 or 5 wide snaking all the way back to the Fieldhouse, their candles bravely flickering in the windy darkness.

Now I'm tired, so I'm going to finish this utterly inadequate post with an utterly uninspiring final paragraph and go to bed.

1 comment:

Becky D. said...

We're missing you at home but I'm happy you will get to experience Franciscan's Holy Week before graduating.

Love You Mom