Friday, April 1, 2011

Seven Quick Takes: April Fools is worse than St. Patrick's Day




1. PSA: April Fools Day and Asperger's Syndrome don't mix. It's 8:15 and I've already been mildly traumatized. Really, Facebook friends of myself, my brain doesn't have the ability to process practical jokes. (Facebook friends of my Facebook friends: Thank you for figuring it out and commenting so I'm only mildly traumatized.)

2. The title of this post is a hangover from my public school days. Now I love St. Patrick. Because now I'm old enough to realize it's okay for me to slap you if you pinch me. (PSA: I'll do it, too. Hard.)

3. It's snowing here in Steubenville. It snowed yesterday too. See, that's funny. God has a good sense of humor.

4. I generally have to prompt Teresa to give me hugs and things like that. I don't think it's that she's not an expressive child, I think it's that she's got so many things going on at once in her little brain that stopping to give people hugs is just not on her radar. But yesterday we were on Skype and she said "I miss you so much" a few different times and gave me lots of hugs and kisses. (I'm sure Mom appreciates her computer screen getting spit on it...) It makes me happy and sad at the same time.

5. Have I mentioned that she can legitimately ride a bike now? Last summer she really couldn't, but then while I was home for spring break she hauled her bike in out of the garage and started very easily riding it in circles around the house. (With training wheels, mind, but she has time to get the balance thing. Let's appreciate her pedaling accomplishment.)

On a related note, I like to point out to Mom sometimes how she's getting really soft in her old age. Teresa does all sorts of things that I would never have gotten away with when I was four.

6. I have three graduated household sisters visiting this week, one of them from China. And of course I'm too busy with the thesis and other projects to catch up with them.

7. All the coolest stuff in my life right now is unbloggable. So I'm just going to leave you with that cryptic thought and go work on the thesis some more.

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.

1 comment:

you know who said...

"It's snowing here in Steubenville. It snowed yesterday too. See, that's funny. God has a good sense of humor."

Unless you have to wait for the bus.