Friday, July 1, 2011
Seven Quick Takes: Wedding details and other random things
1. This is lovely. Many thanks to Conversion Diary Jen for linking to it.
2. Wedding FAQ #1: What's the ring look like?
Except I think in that picture the stones look kind of greenish. In real life they range from medium indigo to midnight blue depending on the light. I'm rather fond of my shiny. ("I shall call it Shiny, and it shall be mine, and it shall be my Shiny...")
3. I was applying for jobs yesterday and cracked up when I came to this part of one application:
I know, they have to standardize these things somehow, but it still cracked me up.
4. Wedding FAQ #2: How did it happen?
Short version: We went to our favorite park, walked around a while, sat down on a bench and gazed at the creek. He gave a sweet little speech and pulled out the ring. It was very private and personal and perfect for us. (With amazing alliteration...) The long version I might post later.
5. Wedding FAQ #3: Do you have a date?
Oh, you wanted to actually know the date? Well, I'll update the ticker at the bottom of my blog in a little while. (Hint: The anticipated wedding date is right around my birthday.)
Note that this is "Unless the Gauls invade," to quote the ancients. We're not worried about literal Gauls, but there are some metaphorical Gauls against which we are fortifying our northern border, so...prayers would be appreciated.
Edited to Add: Okay, I decided I liked the little turkeys too much to delete that ticker, so I just added a second ticker.
6. My mom and I have been trying to scope out reception venues this week. We've discovered that one of the very, very, very few disadvantages to living in a small town is the lack of venue options. Right now I'm trying to figure out what I'm willing to compromise on and how to make less-than-ideal elements work for us.
7. This is one of the inspirations for my potential dress. By which I mean I'd want to change just about every detail just a little bit. But that's the LOOK, you know?
I feel so girly. It's weird. I'll stop now.
For more Quick Takes visit Conversion Diary.