1. I feel like a really bad blogger lately. I have my reasons, but I still feel bad. See, I don't post little funny things midweek because I figure I should save them for Quick Takes, but then I have more things than takes, and also I don't like mixing wedding planning and other updates because I actually have a CATEGORY for these things and I don't want it filled with posts that are one sentence wedding and the rest cute things Teresa did.
2. I got the other six Harry Potter books from the library today. I've already finished Chamber of Secrets. I liked it. I feel like I should now hang my head in shame for surrendering to pop culture.
3. Scott has had this week off school (that's not wedding related, that's just Scott-related), and I thought, "Great! I'll be able to go to bed by 11 every night because he won't be out late at class!"
Nope. I've been up till 11:30 or 12 every night this week, talking. Not even about wedding stuff some nights, just talking because we miss each other. :(
4. Teresa told a ghost story to Tammy this morning. I don't remember any of it except the part where Teresa used detailed hand gestures to indicate that the ghost took bad dreams out of his head and put them in Tammy's head, and then took nice dreams out of her head and put them in his own head. (I think this is related to the time I was trying to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix and had to pause it for probably 10 minutes while Teresa demanded explanations of why she couldn't watch it. ["I won't be scared!"] Part of that explanation was that it might give her bad dreams, and she looked in shock at the vampire on the screen and said, "He might take good dreams outta my head and put bad ones in?")
5. The cats' unofficial birthday is September 6. (They were born sometime in the first week or so of September, way back in 2002. They're getting pretty up there for cats.) Teresa decided randomly the other day that we NEEDED to have a birthday party for them.
So we bought a new package of jingly balls, a new cat carrier (they've only had one all these years that they have to share when they go to the vet; we finally decided to get a second one), two cans of wet cat food (normally they eat dry), some cat treats, a box of devil's food cake mix, and a tub of frosting. The last two things are for the humans to enjoy on the cats' behalf.
Anybody who points out that there are children starving in Africa while we're having a birthday party for our cats will get spammed with 150 links to Swistle's post on The Giant Internet Hand of Spanking.
6. I just went to my Facebook profile to see if I could think of anything else worth posting and found this gem:
and this too:
7. We don't have any cookies or anything in the house, so today for my dessert I cut up some strawberries and put Cool Whip and chocolate syrup on them. It was awesome.
Go visit Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.